Saturday, September 07, 2024

I Am Not Gonna Call Her An Anti Semite, But I Will, Tucker Carlson.

 For his platforming of that fake, meaning uncredentialled historian, who has a long history of being some kind of Nazi-worshiping Holocaust denier, minimizer, apologist.  Not only that, but Carlson lavished such praise on this Nazi lover it's way past the often dishonest, just allowing alternative views to be heard, bullshit.  There was approval.  Oh.  And JD Vance isn't distancing himself from Carlson, and will go forward with some public engagement with the Nazi lover, lover.

What does the Owl have to do with this?  Nothing.  She hasn't commented on it yet.  I am not going to do an inventory.  But she really doesn't to my mind, pay all that much attention to Republican white supremacist bullshit.  Meaning, she doesn't call that shit out in a quick and predictable, disdainful way. At a minimum, not enough to meet my decent people standards.   Just saying.

But hey.  She might catch up with the rest of the politically aware blogospehere, and comment on this.  But I am not holding my breath.





Oh.  One more thing.  Unlike Vance, I do believe in guilt by association.  After all.  You can't really know what is someone's deeply held beliefs.  All we get to judge people by is what they say, what they do, and who they choose to associate with.   And all three do not always line up.  Sometimes they do.  Like with Carlson and Vance.  And Vance did not kick Carlson to the curb.  I judge him for that, and harshly.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites