Saturday, October 23, 2021

Following up. How Fucking Stupid is it to Believe That So Called Cancel Culture is a Thing? How Hugely, Motherfucking Stupid is it?


 

Do you know that fucking stupid thing some people say?  That truly motherfucking stupid thing some people say about how celebrities die in threes?  Despite there being no evidence of such a thing? And they hold on to that truly motherfucking stupid belief, despite there being no evidence of such a thing?

Yeah.  I have told people who believe that, again and again.  Fuck no!  Celebrities do not die in threes. You are just fucking counting in threes.

Now go ahead and say that is not a perfect analogy.  Ya.  It's not perfect. But pretty much all ipse dixit "logic" is equally fallacious.

ipse dixit

 noun
ip·​se dix·​it | \ ˈip-sē-ˈdik-sət  \

Definition of ipse dixit

an assertion made but not proved DICTUM

My specific point to Professor McWhorter.  Just because you have placed thousands of words in close proximity to, and or following as published, an ipse dixit argument, does not equal proof.  I continue to call bullshit on that bullshit.  Prove me wrong.  Prove to me there is anything new going on under the sun here, with all this tiresome chatter about so-called cancel culture, other that the speed of communication?

Two further points.  I am fairly sure I did not f-bomb anyone when I pointed out the error in their ways, by counting celebrity deaths in threes.  And I love, love this kiddy korner graphic.  I find both as equally fallacious beliefs; equally kiddy korner level shit.  

Let's add a third point, before I head for the door.  I have ancestors who were kicked out of Portugal for being Jews.  Decades ago, I edited the old rhyme about Columbus:

"In 1492.  Columbus sailed the ocean blue."  (And my addition.)  And the Iberian peninsula kicked out all the Jews.

But my Sephardic Jewish ancestors got off easy, compared to those in Spain.  

auto-da-fé

 noun
 
/ˌɔːtəʊ də ˈfeɪ/
 
/ˌɔːtəʊ də ˈfeɪ/
[uncountable, countable] (from Portuguese)
(plural autos-da-fé 
 
/ˌɔːtəʊz dɑː ˈfeɪ/
 
 
/ˌɔːtəʊz dɑː ˈfeɪ/
)
  1. the practice of burning people who did not accept the religious beliefs of the Spanish Inquisition.


So my message to anyone whining about so-called cancel culture.  First, stop yer fucking whining.  Second, learn your fucking history, man! Third, admit that you have been a fucking idiot for comparing so-called cancel culture mobs to religious zealots who burned heathens at the stake  (you decided to run with the religion metaphor.  Not me!)  And lastly, stop yer fucking whining. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites