Saturday, October 23, 2021

Forgive Me For Being Redundant. If I Have Said This Here Before

 




But John McWhorter is a blind man, in a dark room, looking under the bed, for a black cat, that isn't there.

I get it.  He is trying to sell a book.  And I watched some of a clip of his latest appearance on "Real Time."  And he is back to selling a point of view  (allow me another metaphor,) that is not merely missing the forest for the trees.  He is in the wrong fucking forest.  He should be up in the PacN'West rainforest.  But instead he is lost in the Cedar Forest of Lebanon.  That hasn't been there for a couple thousand years.  As it was deforested, back in the day.

I suppose some context is required.  McWhorter is a very smart English Professor at Columbia U., who really hates the not real thing called cancel culture.  He has a particular despite for aggressive civil rights advocates, the anti racists.   (And for the record, none of their ideas are new.  I have been part of that movement for decades.)  But he can expand his bubble of contempt to other people who's criticism of other people rubs him the wrong way.  So he criticizes them, for being hyper critical.  But I am not going to call him a hypocrite for that.  Even if when viewed from the  meta level.  Criticizing people, in a way some folk might not like,  for criticizing people, because they have been criticizing people, in a way you don't like? 

I mean . . . seriously?  Seriously?  This is the shit that you think is a danger to society?  People criticizing people, in a way you don't like, so you in turn criticize those people, in a way some folk might not like?  Negro please!

I know you got a book, deal, and shit.  So there is a market for that brand and flavor of bullshit.  But as I just said on my FB wall today.  Things are fucked up and bullshit in America!

Now on to the part that likely is redundant.  But first allow me to say I lose track easily of what I post here, and on my FB wall.  So I might not have said in sum the following here yet.  But I sort of think I did, and used the device of the over the top f bomb fit.  Here goes.

There is nothing fucking new about going after people for the fucking shit the think, believe, and say.  As recently as the 1600's they had fucking witchcraft trials here in America.  Fucking 19 people were hanged.  During the previous few hundred years:

Between the years 1500 and 1660, up to 80,000 suspected witches were put to death in Europe.

And you have the audacity to argue that people getting criticized on the interwebtubesnet is some calamity?  Negro please!

I could go longer with the history lesson.  But I got shit to do, and I am looking for the exit.  There is nothing fucking new about that part of shit.  The targeting of people for real or imagined thought crimes, and shit.  Main difference is the communication technology.  100 years ago we had radio.  So news and opinions could get around the planet in a few days, maybe even hours.  50 years before that, they had the telegraph.  50 years before that there wasn't even a Pony Express, yet.  News and shit travelled by slow coach and boat.  So it was really really really  fucking hard to get the word out there that someone was thinking and saying the wrong shit.  And then it took weeks and months to organize, and have your convention, and mobilize your mob.

Thanks to the technology of 2021, it takes mere minutes to inform and mobilize a digital mob.

So please, listen up professor.  There fucking is nothing fucking new about going after heretics, or others who do not agree with the mob.  And there is nothing new about the why of it, or the desired result (but homicide is usually not on the menu, not in America at least.  Not usually, not yet again.)  The only new thing is how fast you can inform and virtually round up your mob.

Hurts my pretty brain, this ignorant, mostly false bullshit.  Tiresome!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites