Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Found that article where Jon Stewart takes on the Media for feeding us Shit.


 


And he is correct.  While we as a nation bemoan Face Book analytics, and their bias towards and monetizing of hate and stupidity, we should not forget.  They are not the only ones pedaling shit.  I made reference to Limbaugh.  Talk about a endless (till he fucking did something good for once, and died) source of shit.  How about Fox News?  The original source for fake news!  And thanks to the interwebtubes, it has metastasized and or spawned multiple, deviant, toxic strains of bullshit.  Even the MSM  falls victim to it.  Usually they are treating some missing dead white lady story as if it is deserving of national attention. All the care I can send to the dead lady's survivors.  But this nation got some meta level problems.  Existential problems.  You all should not be on national TV now.  But I hope you find a measure of closure, if not justice. 

Speaking of meta.  That trend to raise local tragedy  to national prominence is tricky.  Sometimes it is warranted, when part of some greater, bad national story like white on not white racism.  But other times, and too often, is is pandering  and playing to the lowest common denominator.  

But I also accuse the audience of complicity.  That Isn't A Shiny Thing. You Are Wired For Shit.

But I confess.  When I am in the mood for it, I can watch a good Karens in the Wild story.  But I go over to You Tube, where there is channel pretty much called "Karens in the Wild."  Unless MSM  is tying the Karens kind of story into some sociological zeitgeist related to either specific white on not white racism, or the more meta problem, and that is the epidemic of entitlement?  There is more important shit to cover.

And before I let go . . . . Ann Althouse  again.  She is a repeat offender of treating stupid shit as if it is some kind of shiny thing, and is blind to her self being wired for shit.  Granted, she doesn't rate at actual media source.  But she has a following, and is a not so shiny example of what is wrong with the  interwebtubes.  And that is why I mention her in this post.  The shit she posts, and her toxic comment section (still curated.  Every hateful remark is approved by her or her husband,) fosters the fallacious belief that everyone has a valid opinion.  What rubbish!

But I have my biases.  I just posted some major shade at podcasters.  And I really don't like people all that much, or care much for their opinions about much.  If I dare attempt to read a comment section, it is my own version of "confirmation bias."  Rarely do I read more than five comments in a row on her board, for example, without feeling disgusted.  I try not to extrapolate that to all of humanity.  Most humans don't behave so badly or have such mental defects, or obvious hate, as her hive drones.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites