Sunday, October 17, 2021

Why Any Criticism of So Called Wokeness is Racist.

So I saw that racist enabler Ann Althouse made a post today about Bari Weiss's latest attack on Wokeness.  She was making a racist attack there, and Althouse, as accessory after the fact, earns yet again my despite for being racist adjacent.  I am not sure right now that I have ever explained succinctly what I mean by that.  At minimum, it is racist adjacent to republish a racist screed, whole or in part, and not clearly dissociate from the racism.  Althouse does that bullshit all the fucking time.

But on to my main point.  Like I alluded to, in my remarks yesterday about how John McWhorter's titling of his book "Woke Racism," is support, even if unintentional and negligently,  for white supremacists, and bad for black and brown folk.  The reason for that is the original meaning of being woke was for black and brown folk to be always on guard against white on not white racism.  

No matter what woke has come to mean in the current political and cultural spheres, encouraging the mocking of Wokeness is encouraging people to abuse and dismiss people fighting racism.

Yes, we live in a world full of nuance.  But some people have been trying to dismiss black and brown folks' opposition to racism for decades.  Sometimes shit is that simple, despite the presence of nuance.

Here is the part I am sure I have said a few times.  The first rule is don't help the white supremacists.

It is that fucking simple, people.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites