Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday Sorta Quickies. I am Not Really Up to Speed Yet.

But here goes!



I could go on about the continuing drama over at the Althouse blog.  But the actual details are rather tedious.  Instead I will talk about  meeeeeeee, and how it's all about meeeeee!  Not, it's not.  But I have the distinct feeling, or near about, like happened around the time Congress was voting to authorize the misadventure in Iraq.  I had sent my congress critter an email against such an insane and costly disaster.  And when he delivered his quite fine floor speech, I sorta resembled some of the words.  But let's be honest.  I was not, had not used some obscure words and odd phrasing that could be considered that original.

Likewise, I am just enjoying the fact that there has been a purge over there, following my taking  them to task for keeping racist and abusive and disgusting ugly shit from some of the minions there, up on the blog, way too long.  I already wrote how I was so amused that her husband, now co admin  of the blog, is utilizing my phrase, 'free speech ain't free'  (and thanks to among others, Stanley Fish for that idea.)  I will try to avoid using an insulting term here, but I will quote the husband, here, with what he posted here, on 4/20/11:

"Free speech is not an ideology or a gospel. It's a value."

I sorta wanna  congratulate him for growing the fuck up and realizing that Free Speech is not really a value, when the speech is so fucking annoying that one wants to bury it.  Or in his case, recently, delete, delete, delete.  So Mr. Meade.  Welcome to the He Man, We Stomp on Shitty Speech We Don't Like, Because We Can,  club.   Doesn't matter if one is stomping someone else's speech based on viewpoint, or so-called  "bad faith."  (This is the fucking Internet. Bad faith is the default.  Oh, but I remember the cowboy days of ten, more years ago.  Don't get me started.  The Net used to be a digital version of Deadwood!)  Please pardon my digression.  All you need do to qualify for membership in the club is wield dat dere delete button.  We won't hold you to task, too much, for vague posting policies  at your blog.  Like the pirates say in that Disney Franchise,"We be consider'n dem tabe merely guidelines, ya know."

Enough of that shit.  Even if I have been rubbernecking the toy-train wreck, there really is not much entertainment to be had, there.  But IIRC correctly  I did predict something scandalous happening to them.  But honestly  I mean more than a childish Internet spat turned into  digital toy-train wreck.

Moving on to another blogger.  The douchehnozzle I sometimes call  some wingnut professor?  Dood has a very fucked up habit, for a lawyer.  He expends a lot of energy on his blog defending (wingnuts) people for free.  What the fuck up with that?  It's been more entertaining than usual with the primary season, and it turning nasty.  Boy don't know how to sit back, kick his feet up, and enjoy the show, of the wannabes tearing into each other  (and the pundits doing their collateral attacks.)  So he has taken to attacking the wannabes for attacking each other (and the pundits for engaging in the sinister crime of actively being a pundit.)

Here's an example of that whiny, silly shit:  Whine!  Personally, I thought Mittens came across more "animated" than usual, and he did a journeyman's job of humanizing himself.  Even the note of discomfort in his posture  (I am going from memory of watching it as broadcast,) to my mind helped.  Helped so much that I don't really want to hear any more about his lack of authenticity from any the fuck one.  He's a stiff, starchy white guy.  Authentically so!  So get over it!

Back to the wingnut professor.  Granted, I don't bother to go to wingnut outposts on the net to argue with wingnut dick-noses anymore. But I do post my arguments  here.  And I repeat myself, in tone and message, if not exactly verbatim:

Don't you fucking know what the fuck this is?  It's a fucking primary, asshole.  That is what the wannabes  need to do.  Rip into each other, in order to win the titled of top fucking dog.  Then they are free to try to rip on the other party's top dog.  That, asshole,  is the fucking game!

So the fact that Mitten's took a (rather mild, actually) shot at Unka Newt while on Letterman is not cause for criticism.  It's cause for compliment.  Not only did he push back at an opponent, like people in a fucking primary are supposed to do, he did it as a laugh line, on a nationally broadcast highly rated TV show.  Fucking good for him!

Under the best of circumstances, here in America, even if you had a stellar field, it is still a contest between the wannabes, first.  That is the game.  Fuck that 11th commandment  stupid bullshit.  Oh.  And just to make a nice general slam against right wingers, that fucking 11th commandment bullshit about not speaking  ill of other GOPers?  Again, that is evidence that that party is fucking delusional.

Ok. Anything else to get into this morning?

Oh!  Ya!  The Glorious News!  Fucking Boehner and the Grinches in the House caved on the payroll tax. Now personally I don't give a shit about the issue.  Really.  Well specific to the tax cut, I am all  Meh about it.  But, and I confess to being a once and maybe future professional liberal political hack, I love the game play, and the tactical victory.  I doubt this is the indicator of things to come, but the GOP led Congress is at an all time low with approval ratings, and still the GOP leadership there is way the fuck too willing to vote against the will of the people.  I hope they continue to impose such self inflicted wounds on themselves.  Or call it Judo, where the fighter uses his opponent's energy against him?  Either way, if the Dems win, I am a happy camper.

Oh.  And if I don't get back here before  the 25th, merry  happy what the fuck ever you call it.  Even if you are a wingnut!





Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites