Monday, December 19, 2011

Agnostic's Affirmation.

Ok. I confess. I get crabby this time of year, and wrote a "Note" (on my FB page) about how some people do things this time of year that divides people way more than bring them together (*cough* conserva-christians *cough*.) But I decided to heed my own advice in my deleted note, and try to lighten up. But still. I likely have said similar things before and I am going to reaffirm my agnosticism. And . . . I will post the Wiki Article that explains that, and the specific kind of agnostic I most resemble. Just letting ya'll know where I am coming from. And for the record. I really don't mind all that christian Christmas stuff. What gets on my nerve is the whole culture war/war on Christmas/stop picking on us by not submitting to our will, shit. Anyway, here is where I am coming from, for the most part:

Strong agnosticism (also called "hard," "closed," "strict," or "permanent agnosticism") The view that the question of the existence or nonexistence of a deity or deities, and the nature of ultimate reality is unknowable by reason of our natural inability to verify any experience with anything but another subjective experience. A strong agnostic would say, "I cannot know whether a deity exists or not, and neither can you."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites