Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Should I Still Try to Avoid Direct Mention?

Ok. I will merely us as an example of blind irony.

A certain blogger posts a link to an article where the owner of the business claims that the OWS protests killed his business, after posting an article disclosing (the well known rat fuck trick) the trick of using a false correlation for dishonest proof of causation.

May I say that the point in the trick post was as old news as how to make fire?

Anyway, that business. Now I can't swear the owner if full of shit. Or mostly full of shit. Or only partially full of shit. But I know that part of town fairly well. And when I saw the addy of the biz, 40 Wall, my thought was immediately that the place was South and East of Zucotti Park. And I checked on the map, and it is further East than the NYSE Bldg. So do I think the continued presence of barricades could have impacted his biz? Ya sure. And it has been weeks since I was last working there, downtown. I really don't know how the protest have clogged Wall Street, day after day. That is my admission that I could see that there could actually be a great deal of causation there. But I can't help but think the article about this story does not tell the whole story.

I will leave my speculations there. I can't say more on this to follow, but I would like to hear more details. As well, review the biz's books!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites