Monday, December 05, 2011

Let's Skip Politics, for Now. At the Least.

“You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.”
― C.S. Lewis


Interesting sentiment there. I can agree with it even as I am an arch agnostic. And C.S. Lewis was definitely Catholic/christian. I like the inverse of the usual view. That the soul is this separate part from the self. As an adult, I have had trouble with the whole separate soul bit. It's one of those things that makes for a certain kind of comfortable "spiritual" thought that is too appealing to those seeking spiritual comfort. And that to my mind has the ring of total bullshit.

That is sort of why I reject most of the attributes, and beliefs associated with, particularly, monotheism, and so called christianity. Above and beyond the whole, total lack of empirical evidence to actually support the existence of a god, personal or otherwise? I think too many of the parts people believe and like seem to be what one might expect of comfortable "spiritual" beliefs, if they had been purposefully created to be so comfortable. That's the bullshit factor.

But this way of saying it? Of defining the soul? I can dig it.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites