Thursday, December 08, 2011

You Are Out Of Your Fucking Mind!

I am still trying to not directly mention a certain blogger. But there was some drama going down on her site that leads me to re state and repeat the following. And I might not be directly quoting myself, but I have said the following in sum, here and in other places.

You fucking stupid crazy people. It's only the Internet! If you really take this shit that seriously you need to get away from the computer and get some psych treatment!

Now I must admit. I have been sucked into Internet drama. In my case it was a message board that I was happily trolling, and my then-dear friend insisted on tormenting me about. And then she joined the board. And then she really fucked me over so completely, horribly badly I still think of her as purely evil. Point is that pointless stupid drama was all against my will. We had more than enough ordinary drama going on already. We fucking did not fucking need a supporting cast of fucked up insane message board racist republicans involved in our relationship. It might not have been literally the last fucking thing we needed in our relationship, but it definitely was on the short list.

What I mean to say is I said no I don't want this. That was because I did not want my personal life contaminated by stupid Internet shit. I mean, I did not say it exactly that way, but the idea was there was what really mattered to me in life, and then there was stupid Internet shit. And I did not want any overlap. I knew that overlap was bad. And I was so fucking right about that.

But again. Point is. There is real life. Then there is the fucking stupid Internet. And if you can't tell where one ends and the other begins, then you are totally fucked up in the head, an need help. Seriously.

And to make the point the other way, last night I was at a great party at NYC's University Club. It was for my college regional Alumni Association. After that, I hit Sardi's and caught some live benefit Xmas show there. That's the real world, kids. And the real world fucking kicks the Internet in the balls, four times in a row, and makes it whine like a dying varmint!

But I confess. I have a hate - hate relationship with the Internet. I mean I hate it. But sometimes I really really hate it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites