Monday, January 02, 2012

What's My Favorite Pet Peeve? Right Wing Racism!

Now even if it's Jan.  2, this is the first "Business Day," of the year.  Partying is done and it's time to get back to the grind.  In that vein, I started the morning on my FB page posting some link to some feature on Huff Po where cranky, racist insane old man Ron Paul doubled down  yet again with his opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964.  As I said in my commentary, I can't know this old right wing racist's heart or mind, but I am willing to believe that that racist doesn't believe he is in fact a racist. 

Never minding that it is (seems) an article of faith among white right wingers that their heart, their frame of mind on that specific matter, the question,"Am I a Racist?"  matters more than things like?  Idunnknow?  The racial disparity of political choices and legislation, and other ideas they favor?

Don't judge me based on the results of my desires and works!  Only judge me based on my claim of being race neutral in my ideology! 

What fucking racist shit these racist wing nuts believe.  But like I said on my FB wall.  We do not live in the post racial era.  Instead, we live in the Post Archie Bunker Era.  Over the top racism is pase.  Subtle, soft, tone deaf racism is the big problem.  As opposed to blatant and knowing racism, subtle, soft racism  needs  cover.  It  needs  excusing.  It needs  cop outs.  And that explains  the existence of this wing nut  "motive" theory.

 It should not matter one bit that the South Carolina voter id law  would no doubt actually, disproportionately impact "black" voters.  That's not what we were specifically wanting in our hearts.  We only wanted to suppress Democratic votes.  So therefore we are not racists.

Yes you fuckers  are racist.  But moving on, I saw something  actually a few days ago  on That Wingnut Law Professor's  page.  I really did not notice it before, as a regular feature per se.  I don't rubber neck his page all that much, but he comments on race, from the wing nut point of view, regularly on Saturdays.   It blew his tiny racist mind that some people think that so called color blindness could be racist.  Fact he only recently learned of this  theory -- well I will pull my punch.  He's a Securities law Prof.  Not a civil rights Prof., never mind Political Scientist.  But let me say that if that idea is news to him, he has no fucking business talking about anything having to do with race relations in America.  But I could say the same thing for most GOPers/Republicans/wingnuts.  Talk about being out of one's natural element.  Anyway . . . Go Here For The Insane Bull's Pizzle Drizzle.

Fucker has the nerve to post a vid to Martin Luther King Jr. to support his view.  Fucking excuse me?  Granted I have dealt with this kind of  grotesque ignorance before.  I distinctly remember schooling some conservative on the actual meaning of the, "Judged not by the color of their skin," part of the famous "I Have a Dream," speech.  What I did was show the guy the preceding lines of the speech, where the actual meaning and context is made plain.  Dr. King was not preaching the idea of instant race blindness.  He was instead talking about an America where his children would not be discriminated against, because they were black  (or make that NOT WHITE, to be more exact.)

And I did convince that one conservative that he had misunderstood the lesson there.  But the sad truth is that all too many many right wingers  either don't get the real plain meaning of the speech.  Or the sneakier smarter ones get it.  But they are clever enough to get it, that misreading it, and adopting a color blindness  value  will better serve their goal.  And that goal is to delay, as long as possible, the inevitable end of white privilege in America.  And of course, that goal is purely racist.

Damn I went long.  But it will be Black History Month.  Soon enough.  I got a head start on shit!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites