Saturday, January 07, 2012

Katy Perry's Divorce

(Hey!  It doesn't always have to be about politics and wing nut racists.)

Firstly, I am sorry for her, that it did not work out, and any unpleasantness.

But I do confess the idea of her being out there and single again is appealing, even if I likely only have a 10% chance of meeting her in the next couple years.

That's right.  I said 10%.  Not the average guy's .10%. 

I get around.  I go places.  And I am trying to get back in Entertainment.  If I do, that % will go up quite a bit.  But shit.  I do know the easy but expensive way to meet celebrities.  You just have to pay for a ticket to some charity event, or gala, or what not event.  That's how you get to meet those kinds of people (save getting the killer comp.  I love getting the killer comp, or party invite.  This is partially how I do my networking, actually.)  Trick is holding their attention for more than 10 seconds  after the hello, how do you do, part.

Anyway.  Winter Fashion Week in NYC is coming up soon.  I do not want to pay for a pass, but shit, it might be the only way for me to get some good networking in.  Decisions Decisions.  And yes it is networking.  I'm no body's champion at it, but let's just say I am finally at the point where the bartenders at Sardi's know me by sight.  I know a couple of them by name, at this point.  Met one of the Asst. Managers too!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites