Monday, March 21, 2011

Teaser for Tomorrow, or When I Get to it. Chaos Chases My Heels Sometimes. I Hate Pressure to Make Promise, But . . .



Idea brewing in my head right now, is a revisit and elaboration about how (short of violent felons) some of the most despicable people in the world are anti elitist, anti intellectual, goat fucker trash.

And that is a weird way of saying, YEA. I just picked up some tix for a Chamber Music performance with the delicious and brilliant Anne Sophie Mutter. At Lincoln Center. Avery Fisher Hall. Within the next 14 days. Lincoln Center. My most favorite place I ever worked (cause of what it is.) And I worked at the GE building back when it was still the RCA Building. And I did have a gig at one time at the Royale Theatre, Broadway.

Now granted, I worked, when I worked at Lincoln Center, at the former State Theatre. Now it's (sadly) known as the Koch Theatre (as in those goat fucking GOP environmentally raping, anti worker motherfuckers.)

And I love me my Lincoln Center. That's the place I feel most at home. But to be honest, I have not been to Carnegie Hall in years. Love having a box seat there. Now that is a hall I love.

But that is all for now. But for saying I think the most repellent folk on the planet, short of felons, are low rent, dirt bag, bottom of society loser-snobs.

Teaser. If I get to what I mean to get to, I should cover the brilliance of not exactly college educated union journeymen in show biz. Used to be a time on this planet where the tastes of the educated and the not so educated were far closer. Let me say it bluntly. They don't generally make peasants like they used to. Peasants used to have class, and knowledge, and an appreciation for the arts, even if they had to settle for the cheap seats. And that used to be the orchestra. And that used to mean admission to the 'pit' where there were no seats at all.

Ignorance, is as ignorance does.

Editing note:
Ya I cut some of the cussing, as first published. I was having way too much fun there. And my first (if not more accurately to say, most recent) run on anti elitism is now up. I ran in another direction. Life's a work in progress, iddn't it?
Oh. And I might as well post the 'note' here. Thought occured to me that sometimes I start off shooting for snarky, forget to put on the breaks, and make it all the way to nasty. I can live with that, usually, as long as I think them on the end of my ire got it coming (as always, metaphorically speaking.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites