Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stark, Raving Wing Nut Morons, and the Women Who Love Them.

Yes, that sounds harsh, but I do not promise to be a nice guy. So there.

Anyway, to get back to the topic at hand, I did something different today, when I got on line. Instead of quickly heading to Huffpo for my first dose of Internet News, I loaded up Perfessor Althouse's page. Things there have been a litle more psychedelic, than usual. That's on account of the non-threats she received from some townie in Madison. (Side bar. When someone says mean, aggressive words to you, but specifically disavows violence, it ain't much of a threat, honey. How wing nut of you to take that that way!) But things there have taken an Escheresque turn to even more bat fucking lunacy. Let me explain. And I mean explain a bit more about the Perfessor and her husband.

Despite the fact she has been sounding more and more like a full fledged wing nut, Althouse considers herself an independent. Personally, and trying to be objective about it, I'd call her Extreme Center Right. And by that I mean she is as far to the right one can get and still be able to pull the lever for a Dem, now and then. If I were to take the facetious route, I'd say she's an indy in the same way Greta Van Sustern is a Dem. (As in,"Hunh? Ya sure about that?")

Anyway, that's her, in a nutshell. Her husband, Meade, whom she met originally as one of the drones on her blog's comment section (that makes Althouse the Queen Bee,) is a full on wing nut. He's the kind of person who is as fiercely partisan for the forces of evil (GOP/Cons/World Wreckers) as I am for the forces of good and light (Liberalism, Progressivism.) And he's so dull witted he can't seem to make a debate point without resorting to talking points stolen from Limbaugh, Hannity, or Beck. Dull witted, and lacking in independent cognitive function. My Opinion (I say for legal purposes.)

Anyway, here's where it gets all freak salad sandwich, with a side of weird slaw. So I popped over to the Queen Bee's blog, and she has an independent post about some stupid-assed post drone-hubby posted on some other blog. Like I said," So dull witted he can't seem to make a debate point without resorting to talking points stolen from Limbaugh, Hannity, or Beck."

I'll link the other blog. I am still avoiding, on principle, linking the Queen Bee's page. I have done that once or twice and that's enough!

Lawyers, Guns and Money -- On Libya.

And here is where the title (above) comes in. Queen Bee is (actually seems, a respected) law professor. Con Law. She is supposed to know a good argument from sophistry, or recycled partisan hackery. But her little wing nut husband's stank, rank, unoriginal prose? She puts that up on her blog as if it were her young child's 5th grade drawing, that she'd proudly display on the fridge in the kitchen.

What makes it more delicious (for my entertainment value, that is) is the fact that the weak-assed, recycled, ignorant, partisan hack argument was quickly and efficiently demolished, in that thread. Again, for legal reasons, I say my opinion, but it seems to me both Queen Bee and her favorite drone are as deep as a sheet of paper. I am sure the perfessor is actually smart, but deep thinking is not her forte. That (if not proven previously) was well demonstrated with the pissing match she recently got into with an academic who publishes a blog for philosophy academics and students. The (actually sorta simple, for anyone with a minimum understanding of the principles of Deontology -- ya I started off as a philosophy major) subject matter, and key concepts flew past her little blonde helmet headed noggin as fast as a French fighter bomber nailing tanks in Libya.

And as far as the deep as a sheet of paper crack goes? Granted, I am likely to say that about most wing nuts. Now I have to clarify that. I don't literally think each and every person right of center is a dull witted wing nut. But there are those who seem to operate more in a one dimensional universe of right wing memes and slogans, than real ideas. Those are the wing nuts. Ya know what I mean. Limbaugh fans (and Queen Bee is a fan. Yar. I do not lie. I have heard her say that in some of her appearances on "Bloggingheads.")

But the story gets even more freakishly delicious. Given what I have already said about Queen Bee and her favorite drone, it should be clear that those two lead a rather public life on the Internet. Not that I haven't done things on line that a reasonable -- make that discreet
person would never do, but I am not that public. (Save a couple incidents. No need to go there.) But there obviously is a lot of their shit that is out there. Ya go and marry some slow witted wing nut drone you meet on your blog's comment section. You constantly refer to him there. You pimp him on line as New Media Meade, or Meadeia (how the fuck ever done) to promote his (*cough*) citizen journalism. You go the ever further freaky mile and pimp "gear" celebrating his amateur not-journalism with pins and T-shirts sold off your blog. You post the shitty amateur vids he takes with his child's toy camera on YouTube, and you let Fox News run that shit, and guess what? What, is you should not expect to have much privacy. And for better or worse, that is how that thread on Lawyers, Guns and Money went.

Can't say I am sorry, Queen Bee, that criticism of your favorite drone, and his dull witted, recycled partisan arguments, quickly became about you, and then speculations about your sex life (or in the case of one of the comments, there, a guess as to the lack of one.) This is the shit box you have created for yourself. Live in it.

And before I get to the exit, let me go I bit further in my commentary about this strange relationship (to my mind, at least.) And I have to confess my bias up front. I have a hate-hate relationship with the Internet. That means I hate it, for it's limited abilities and the shallowness it exemplifies, and its relative poverty as a communication medium (in person is so much better.) But I really hate it, for all the same reasons. And I have had Internet based relationships -- much to my shame (bygones!) So when I say the whole thing is a little creepy. I mean to me, as someone who spends way to much time on the Internet despising the Culture of the Internet, it's so very creepy to me.

Anyway, if you want to know more about how the Queen Bee and her favorite drone got hooked up, details are available on line: No matter how you look at it, it's creepy.

It's still something of an open question -- which part of this is the creepiest? Having an Internet blog as the place you fell in love, or having the details of all that shit right there, on line, for all to see?

Anyway, back to the weirdness of having one's personal shit end up as not only Internet fodder, but ending up the butt of jokes for other people's amusement on line? And my speculation about what Queen Bee will think, when she gets wind of how that thread became about her and her sex life, or lack thereof? Now granted, as of the last time I checked either her page or the one at Lawyers, Guns, she has not started whining about how she has been yet again victimized for her and her favorite drone's "free speech."

But as the character Wednesday Addams, from the film,"Addams Family Values," said, I say:


WAIT!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites