Sunday, March 13, 2011

Culture & Arts (and Politics.)

Oh. It's time for another of my culture & arts moments. The transcendental experience I hoped to get from seeing/hearing Mahler's 9th last month, and only almost had, was found today, experiencing Beethoven's 9th. Sublime.

On a side bar, I would say it's quite the shame, to my eyes, that the age of the audience for NYC classical musical performances is so tilted to quite old. I believe in the arts and would like to see more people my age or younger, there. This really is the good stuff.

Anyway, here's the political part. And this is related to some vid I saw today with some Washington insider pundit saying that the thing with the wing nuts and NPR is not really about the left right shit, but the elitism thing. Fuck a classically trained duck! How do you get quality with out standards? How do you have standards with out ending up elite? And since when the fuck is either standards or the state of being elite a bad thing? If one is a standard less fuck wad, maybe?

Before I go too long down this road (and I have fought that fight, time and again with immature, poorly educated, classless redneck goat fuckers,) let me just cut to the chase.

No. I am not going to hold someone in contempt merely because they do not share my cultural tastes and interests.

But as soon as someone starts slinging that anti elitism shit, I really want to shove their face in a pile of hot, wet dog shit. Metaphorically speaking. Mostly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites