Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Researching My Theory of Anti Elitism. I Shoulda Just Googled Redneck.

Yes, at one point last night, I was watching some Jeff Foxworthy vids on Youtube. Don't ask me how or why I got there. I was, eventually, in the mood for comedy, as my posting of a Kat Williams vid and a link to the "Natlie Portman Rap" last night shows. So I got there some how, at least.

Anyway, in one of the vids I watched, he explains his understanding of the word "redneck," as a complete lack of sophistication. Now that does not necessarily equate to my Theory of Wing Nut Anti Elitism, squarely. But it lives, at least, in the next zip code. I take that bit about lack of sophistication as a parallel idea, at least, to what I said about desperate 19th Century embittered Protestant homesteaders, desperately scratching out their hardscrabble lives, out there on the prairie or the high plains. Or what ever strange patch of land they were scratching on, far away from urbanity and it's sophisticated temptations.

I don't think I indexed the routine. But there were two aspects of it, beyond the tie in to my theory of anti elitism, that stood out. Firstly, it was a gig shot before an audience in Montreal. Alors! I thought it was very brave of him to do his redneck humor in front of les Québécois et Québécoises. Secondly, he killed. I guess redneck humor is exportable.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites