Monday, February 21, 2011

Pardon My Lack of Civility . . .

I'm still detoxing from the wacky world of web forums. Not that there really is any use in trying to converse with hard core republicans. Hell. There's not even much to gain from flaming them. But it was a pressure release for me. I mean, merely saying here that the GOP is evil might be true, but there's less fun in that then explaining why they are evil to one or more of them. Yes. I have whipped out the actual dictionary meaning, and even the famous Hannah Arendt,"Banality of evil," observation/quote. And still their lame defense is they personally haven't committed acts of mass murder or are not serial killers, so how can they be evil?

And that leads right into why it's of little to no practical use to debate with those delusional idiots. If someone is so messed up in the head that they will routinely and frequently substitute their desired meanings for words, instead of the real meaning of those words, it is pointless to try. The words might be English, but they are speaking a different language. It's one where every word means what they want it to mean, when they want it to mean what they want it to mean.

So why did I do it for so many years? It was only a small amount of fun to do so, but it sorta satisfied some darker need. I can't blame my pirate ancestors, but I do like giving hell, time to time. But as it is, the last board I was posting on has all but banned me. I am not stricken of the list. I just can't post in any of the contentious threads. I had been in the gulag -- my own little place to rant, that others could come into and get a taste of my hell giving. However management has pulled the plug on even that.

In the board's owner's mind, calling the GOP evil was hate speech. This is after I had the definition discussion with her twice in a month. Anyway. I should not miss it, but it was something of an outlet for venting. And venting into the void (with out even a seeming virtual audience,) is just not the same thing. And now I need to do something more constructive with that excess emotional energy. Hey. There's that rally I am going to (plan to) Saturday. Yea for that!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites