Friday, February 18, 2011

On Wisconsin

Should it surprise anyone that the budget crisis in WI is a scam?

Wisconsin's GOP Governor is an evil, lying assed weasel.

It doesn't, me. Rachel Maddow had a great bit about this yesterday. Let me link that, as well.

Link to video.

Not that union busting is something new for the evil GOP. But this might be the first time a governor has manipulated the budget and the laws of a state to bust a public union.

It is so very evil.

I just took a look over at Wisconsin's most famous blogger, Ann Althouse's page. She's big on pictures of the protesters and links to other's reporting. Make that blogging. There is a huge difference between the two. But is their anything there about how this really is about a contrived right wing attack on unions, for political and ideological reason? Nope. Not a peep about that stuff.

As painful as it might be to endure, I am hoping for her to be on bloggingheads soon. I just hope who ever they square off her will not let her get away with her own weaseling. Well that's what I am expecting, based on prior performance.


Edit to add: Yup, she got around to the story about the scam.

She seems to believe she is being fair, but to my mind she's weaseling. That's the problem with trying to be fair, in what is a very sharply polarized argument. If one can not decide what one thinks and articulate it clearly, one comes across as weaseling. This is not to say I don't believe she can't make up her mind which side she's on. I can well believe that. But in avoiding to take a side she is basically weaseling out of taking a side. Right?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites