Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Resembles Lots of Right Wing Pundits and What not . . .

At least those who are not noxious, most of the time. Here's the line:

"...hasn’t bothered to understand the basics, relying on snide comments and surface cleverness to convey the impression of wisdom. It’s all style, no comprehension of substance."

This was originally a shot by Paul Krugman against Niall Ferguson. But to my mind, it applies perfectly to what passes for Right Wing thinkers. (And I must confess, I think it applies as well to a certain law professor-blogger beloved of the wing nuts, on her worse days.)

And to think, I ran across this, after watching the vid of Lawrence O'Donnell explaining what a joke Bill O'Reilly is. O'Reilly is a perfect poster boy for this right wing disposition. His only game is snide. He doesn't really have anything else for game.

And speaking of snide, what about Mrs. Palin? The list could go on and on, but that is what those people get off on.

And before I go, let me explain why Mediaite makes me crazy (even if tend to look at it daily.) I think the editors and staff over there try for snarky, miss, and only manage smarmy.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites