Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Speaking of American Right Wing Bigots (or them kinda shitty people.)

Dialogue from that book I've been reading:


"Bell looked at the gem merchant. "You don't miss much, Mr. Riker."


"I told you. My father taught me every trick in the book. What got you so riled?"


"I will not abide hatred."


From "The Spy." Clive Cussler and Justin Scott.


Accuse me of taking a cheap shot at the GOP there, as there is no political edge to the scene. But my target is as much a particularly dull witted mode of thinking I find more active with the right wingers, than my team.



And current right wing racism has evolved from that of 100 or so years ago. We live not in a day and age where people feel perfectly comfortable embracing their racist beliefs. However, we live in the age where racists know there is a place too far beyond the pale to stay. But things short of that extreme? That's where the racist's live. You can't call them dirty foreigners/others dirty, but you can nit pick at them ad nauseum and still (at least to the satisfaction of other racists) labor under the delusion that your drive, your value system, your core belief system is not thoroughly that of a basically racist person.

America still has a racist heart. Not totally. And maybe not even half, (if we should be that lucky.) But that blackness is still part of the American heart. Well to be honest, more so the Right Wing heart.

I only hate them bastids or worse people. And there are worse people. Violent racists, particularly.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites