Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Everything Old is New Again.

I'm in the middle of reading a novel set in 1908, America. Back when the second to last (as Ike wasn't all that bad a dude) GOP POTUS who wasn't a near total piece shit, Teddy Roosevelt, was the man at the WH.

Not the point, though. Point is at some point either the "narrator" or protagonist mentions "Yellow Journalism." I immediately thought of FNC. Next, I thought of my line of patter, when I remind those less steeped in US (or media) history, that biased, even bigoted alleged news publishers are nothing new here in the USA. FNC is just more powerful than even Hearst ever was. Hmmm. Makes me wonder of Unka Rupert has a authentic portrait of WRH in his home, and routinely looks at it and does the Aussie version of a "Nanner, nanner!"


But that was a one time mention, in the book. However, a recurring theme is American People's willingness to buy into the worst of racist stereotypes and scare stories. For the purposes of that story, it's vicious anti Asian racism. Never the less, I immediately thought of FNC. And the GOP. And those Tea Baggers. And the fuckheads in AZ.

Speaking of AZ? I saw a headline that the anti birthright citizenship bill has lost (or other wise has low) support. Now even if Pearce in the legislature is the proud papa of this racist bill I address my comments to Leatherface Jan.

No wonder your state is sending medicaid patients to their deaths. You are wasting too much money declaring war on the Fed Gvt., for racist reasons if not merely ends.

Seems to me (and I hope) people are on to you. But as I have predicted elswhere if not here, AZ is where the white racists are most likely planning to draw the main battle lines. This is not over.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites