Thursday, December 08, 2005

Nahhhh . . . I Ain't Gonna Do It

No, I am not going to go off on the Hot article of the day, the editorial by David Brooks (who, by the way is so all over the map that he can make me cheer him or cuss him out) where he describes how conservativism has Run Out of Steam . . . but to say the following:

Where is MY credit? I have been saying the same shit for years, monkey-boy!

Then again, many of us on the left side of the fence have been saying all that stuff for years and years.

I am kidding about deserving any credit, I should say plainly. Most of the points in the editorial are so self-evident and obvious that even a monkey-boy can see the validity in the points and the conclusion.

But in any case, kudos, Dave, for daring to tell it like it is.

Your invites to certain fancy "Holiday" parties may be revoked on account of it, though.


Now for your regularly scheduled random topic.

Yesterday I vamped on SNEAKY PEOPLE. Today I can and will say a few words about something I think of often :

Why Do Politics Suck?

Now yesterday I googled that. Typed that search string in, exactly like that, and one of the first articles I found was actually some guy's essay, pretty much titled as I say it there.

But after a quick skim, I realized that the essay itself, sucked.

Further down the google hit list I found another article, this one written by that infamous jailhouse journalist, Mumia.

But his article basically focused only on the matter of money in politics. So I have to say, that article sucked too!

Further down the list, I found a hit for Adult Thumb Suckers. I kid you not! Here is the link:

http://www.thumbsuckingadults.com/

At that point, I realized that even trying to figure out why do (or does, to be more gramatically correct) politics suck, itself SUCKS.

But honestly, even if it might not seem obvious, I can see a genuine connection between the sucking nature of politics, and alleged adults who are so maladjusted that they utilize a behavior most often assocated with infants, thumbsucking, for their own comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites