Friday, December 02, 2005

Either STFU, or Read The DAMNED Dictionary

Ok. I don't mean to seem ranting. I am trying to get over that shit. But honestly people!!! If you are going to ACT as if you are able to COMMUNICATE, in the English Language, learn the damned meaning of the words you use.

Yes, I am still killing time on internet message boards and over the past week I have had to post definitions of the actual and real and true meanings of words twice, and additionally had to go back and reexplain shit to someone (and this was not some moron with an IQ of 75 or less. This MatherFaker was an allegedly educated professional who should have KNOWN BETTER!!!)

I know I am using the word shit a lot here. But people who don't know the meaning of words, or try to redefine them, are some of the PRIMARY and most PERNICIOUS purveyors of the purest bullshit on the planet.

Yes, folk are entitled to their beliefs, BUT NOT on the meaning of words.

If anyone looking at that thinks otherwise, Please Please Please, trust me on the following point.

If Messrs. Webster, Funk and Wagnalls, or the fine folk at Oxford and Cambridge say the meaning of the word is X, and you thing the meaning of the word is Y, you are totally WRONG.

Ok?

Beyond that, have a lovely weekend all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites