Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Second Choice

Hmmm . . . . I just finished a potential post, but I have parked that for another day. I guess it might be a good thing to have something in reserve for a rainy (lazy) day. But as I did park that, I am now thinking . . . what to say today? I am still trying to avoid nasty partisan crap, and I am sorta burnt on the topics of late, so???

Well there is what I say . . . and that is that when my mind is not particularly originally productive, I can always quote greater minds than my own.



"Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion, the romance and you find out you still care for that person." (author unknown)


Contrast the prior one, with the following:


"Love without passion is dreary; passion without love is horrific." (author unknown)


Before I go looking for any more quotes, I want to think and comment about this seemingly contradictory pairing.

Yes, I believe that between people you can have love without the excitement of passion (and I say that as a member of a particularly passionate family, from a particularly passionate tribe/people.) I think of it this way (or at least, say it this way now) that that kind of love is like having a real good cut of meat without the steak sauce. Really good meat doesn't need to be drowned in sauce to be sustaining, and tasty, and interesting, and add 'flavor' to your life.

I think the first half of the second quote is therefore not very true.

But the second part?

Passion without love as 'horrific?' I can see that. I would say dangerous. I am thinking like a wildfire or mudslide or a tornado, or some such mindless destructive force of nature. Passion that is not anchored by love is just emotional intensity allowed to run amock, and wreak its havoc on an innocent population . . . like Godzilla, or any other monster.

Watch out for that bad stuff.


Anyway, hmm . . . I sort of ended-up touching on some of the ideas of my "parked" post. I think this one turned out better.

And on that note, have a happy Triptophane Day (if you are eating that turkey.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites