Friday, November 18, 2005

How to Get Along with Snakes

As is often the case, I only have the vaguest idea what I should (or will, should not being the best word as this is always an optional activity) vamp on, and today is one of those days. Yes I am back in the conflict avoidance frame of mind. I started googling on various related ideas, and just did not find exactly the right thing to quote and/or promote. Then I found this article:

How to Get Along with Snakes.

Yes, it is a straight how-to article, telling folk how to deal with snakes found near their houses and on their property.

Just in case anyone isn't following my line of thinking and intent, here, I am making a forced metaphor here.


* * * * * * * *

"A majority of snakes are harmless. Of the 45 species and 44 subspecies of snakes found in Florida, only 6 species are venomous. Snakes may bite, but biting is not a sign that they are dangerous."


"If you find a snake and you do not know whether it is Venomous or Harmless (non-venomous), the safest thing to do is leave it alone."

* * * * * * * *

http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/herpetology/FL-GUIDE/gettingalong.htm


And just to make my point plain, at first I was googling for something snappy about getting along with others, but instead ran with the idea of how to handle "snakes" that you don't know for sure are mainly harmless (or not.)


Same can be said about dealing with people.

Avoid those you know are venomous, and if you are not sure . . . . . be very careful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites