Friday, November 11, 2005

Weekly Wrap-Up

No, this will not likely be a hard and fast format for Friday. It just made sense to me, here and now, although I admit my thoughts are not even much beyond the mere desire to use that convention.


On second thought, there really is not much to wrap-up.

I had no great insights this week.

I did not learn any new truths about the world or the people in it.

In fact, the best way to say it is this way: It was just another same-old-shit week.

Ok, I confess, that is just dismissing it, without elaborating.


I do not want to leave it at that, but I am likely fresh out of my own material, so let's look for a couple quotes from wiser people than myself. Thomas Aquinas fits that definition, so here we go:


"There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship."


"Man cannot live without joy; therefore when he is deprived of true spiritual joys it is necessary that he become addicted to carnal pleasures."



I really have nothing to add to that friendship quote. It gets right to the point, doesn't it?

However, I will update the second, to the 21st century:

"In absence of true, real, sensual carnal pleasures, leave alone, true spiritual joy, there always is the internet. It won't likely ever provide even the ordinary form of joy, never mind the spiritual kind. And even as far as virtual carnality goes, even that will not likely get close to the real thing. But at least you will be in your own home already, and close to your own bed, when done."




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites