Saturday, November 26, 2005

Misdirected Passion

Once again (as if it is ever the case, otherwise) I have not put much thought into my update. But like some ancient gaffer, stuck in his routines, I am picking up where I left off.
(Hmm??? Maybe I am being too harsh on myself there. As of late, I have been treating this blog more like a diary, than yet-another crabby partisan political rant page. That became very tiresome, very fast.)

But yes, picking up where I left off. That portion of the quote in my last update, warning of the DANGER of passion without love? Well, that led me to the side track of misdirected passion. Before I start vamping, I will say that I am passionate by nature (no matter my wonky intellectual ability.) And I think that passion is a wonderful thing when focused or directed at the right 'object,' such as making art, making music, literature, scholarship, cooking, design, running a business (provided the core competencies are met.) But more importantly, passion is best served and directed at people who are meaningful in our lives; the people who make our lives worth living. And I mean the good passions not the fouler emotions (which I confess to falling prey to, now and then, if not too often, sorry.)

Well then. Seems I have covered the appropriate 'objects' of passion. So where is passion misdirected?

Everywhere else!

Need I get more specific?

Go back up to the first graph, and look at what I described as "tiresome," for an example.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites