Friday, April 28, 2023

Get Off My Lawnism is Fucking Lame. Just Fucking Stop it!

 So earlier this week I went off my discipline and remarked on some vid featuring both Glenn Loury and John McWhorter.  Now the "notes" I chose to give them are not the point.  However, I am going to call them both out here for the same lame, cognitive and behavioral error.

Both are essentially cranky old men.  Now you don't have to be actually old, to act like a cranky old man.  Decades ago, I remember reading some piece about the young fogeys.  The idea was that young Republicans, in adapting the beliefs and mannerisms of their elder Republicans, essentially became cranky old folk.

And I could go long, but I will try to be brief.  No matter your age, when your way of engaging with the world is to complain about people who don't live their lives as you want them to?

You have become a cranky old man, woman, person, shit.

I have to note that people are free to be a cranky old man, woman, person, shit.  But fucking no one generally loves them.  As soon as a crank starts a crank that people disagree with, the odiousness of the cranky person is obvious.  But if they crank on something agreed with and or about?  They are tolerable.  Until they say something not on the other party's crank worthy list.

I am reminded of the old George Carlin joke about how anyone driving slower than you is a fucking asshole  but anyone who drives faster than you is fucking crazy.  It's that kind of dynamic.

Anyway.  Feel free to be a cranky shit if that is you doing you.  But understand the dynamic.  And that means most people will find you tiresome and well dull, most of the time.  Because that is what cranky shits are.


One last jab at another offender. Bill Maher?  this includes you too, babe.  But honestly  you are playing at a higher level.  Like drunk uncle at the bar after his 5th beer, level.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites