Thursday, March 30, 2023

Old White Lady Needs To STFU About Anything Involving Black or Brown Folk. Nearly Totally Ignorant on the Subject!

 I try to quit commenting about the old white lady,  Ann Althouse.  But her blog is a good place to monitor where the right of center brain is.  And her commentors.   When I can stand looking at their white supremacist trailer trash vomit?  Informs me of that bullshit.

Anyway. Althouse has all the knowledge and insight into issues concerning Black or brown folk, that a dull witted third grader does about the proper way to calibrate the control rods  for a nuclear breeder reactor.  Close to none at best.  And yet she persists.  Not exactly in the same dull witted way that someone who puts on blackface might not, sort of inexplicably doesn't understand, get why they are being totally inappropriate.  More like, I would have to say, someone with a twisted case of FOMO.   

I think a lot of white folk who know next to nothing for real about Black and brown folk feel compelled to talk about Black and brown folk.  I think part of her old white lady brain gets that she really has no basis on which to comment in that area, no matter what article she reads, and no matter who wrote the article.  She won't accept the rational and logical guidance to leave it all alone.  There is a phrase for that state of mind:   white entitlement.

Anyway, the trigger.

Yo!  Ignorant old white lady!  VP Harris' West African ancestors came from West Africa.  As did my West African ancstors.  And when I meet peeps from West Africa they say I look like a relative or someone they know, back in West Africa.

Firstly, you should have left it alone.  Secondly, you are reading too much into it, as you have no foundation in the topic.  And thirdly.  Yeah. Lots of West Africans see people who look like them when they look at New World Blacks.  but that doesn't mean they trust us as a default.

Ok.  My case is a litle different, as I have actual cousins in West Africa.  I have sort of near and progressively more distant family there. I get a little different treatment.  But still, no one is going to completely trust me  as a default.  Even the descendants of my grandparents' siblings and cousins.

I am their American cousin at best.  At first.  Past that, trust must be earned.  As is usually the case among humans.  As Africans are humans,  and tend to behave like humans.

Anyway.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites