Thursday, November 10, 2011

What the Cain Scandal Really is About.

I say the following as someone who clearly is a flirt. And to the surprise of some of my lady friends, I'm rather a tame flirt for my family. (Call that just the blood lines that form my greater family, or even the whole tribe I belong to: Cape Verdians. Flirting is like breathing to us.) But that is the it's-all-good-fun stuff.

But I think about the Herb Cain allegations and I am thinking he's nothing like a flirt. He's first and foremost a salesman. So he's selling a line of bullshit to begin with. And he's more horny for power than anything else. He will try to charm in his salesman's way. But he's always after some THING. Money. Power. Advantage.

And that's why this scandal isn't so much a sex scandal. It's a lack of character scandal. (So says me.)




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites