Monday, September 26, 2011

You Have It Wrong. Professor Wing Nut Asshole.

I caught my first obnoxious whiff of This Shit, at Ann Althouse's blog, but it's one of her re posts from that odious wing nut law professor who styles himself "Instapundit."

In reply to him, and all like minded law wing nut (or wing nut curious) professors:

No asshole. I have never been a law professor. And odds are I have a better chance of winning a car in a contest, than that. (BTW I have won a car in a contest. But only the one time, so far.)

But I have been an employment lawyer.

I was an employment lawyer for a statewide AFSCME Council. So I had to deal with some members who worked on state college and university campuses.

So discount my expertise in this area at your own risk. But here is the reality, the fact you wing nut assholes ignore:

There is no (so called) "Academic Freedom" exception to ordinary work place laws.

There is no (so called) "Academic Freedom" exception to EEOC subject matter actions.

There is no (so called) "Academic Freedom" exception to Title VII Workplace Harassment type claims.

You stupid assholes can worship all you like at at altars of the false gods of "Free Speech," and "Academic Freedom" all you fucking like. But as lawyers, you look particularly ignorant when you do that. Shit. At least the professor who's the subject matter of the source story has a fucking excuse. He's a Theatre person. I was a Theatre person before I was a lawyer. I know how . . . unconventional thinking is the convention for Theatre folk. That guy seems to have needed a good chat with someone like me, who knows both disciplines.

But for law professors to pretend that there's some exemption to ordinary work place law merely because the work place is an academic institution? Again, I repeat. Law professors who forget that shit look particularly ignorant.

So I say, at least. For what it's worth.

PS: (and I haven't posted this yet so this is not an edit. This is an explanation/elaboration.) I get it, that some of you peeps who work in academia have a belief that your workplace is so different than others. You are fucking wrong. Delusionally wrong. That is why I have no trouble cursing your asses out. It's not that I, with out exception, expect better from law professors. But law professors who don't get that obvious truth particularly deserve to be cussed out. Wake the fuck up, will ya?


Oh. Disagree with the result if you must, but (and I don't have the cite) but one of my favorite examples of how the academic workplace is no different than others, was the case where the lecturer/professor complained about the poster/painting in the classroom. It was a Bottcelli nude Some such. And she won the case. I personally think that was an absurd outcome. But I get it, that the law goes there. Sometimes the law delivers absurd results. Now if the Theatre professor was using that quote on stage/in class as a teaching tool, ok fine. But hanging on his door? I can see that as wrong (particularly as he was warned, and instead of "yielding," he doubled down with the over the top shit.) Likewise, one of my favorite speeches, from Shakespeare's Henry V would be too hostile for door art. I'll only post the last chunk, as it is a long speech:








Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites