Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quickies.

On many levels, last week wore me out. Less so on account of the news from around the points of the compass. But it was something of a bizarre week. Any week where wing nuts still roam the earth has that potential, but I am going to try hard not go off on a they fucking suck tangent. Been there, done that. Don't have any new material as yet.

Let's get to it.

Rick Perry. Used to be a Democrat. Still has (during his term as Gov.) the random rational thought. He had to walk back one of his actions, taking back his making of that anti cervical cancer vaccine mandatory (unless parents choose to opt out.) That's not too long after having to flip flop on first saying if them New Yorkers wanna have gay marriage that up to them, to change that to endorsing a bigoted Fed anti gay marriage constitutional amendment.

The man is clearly morally unfit for office. And I don't wanna rank on him for his grades. Mine were all over the chart. But at least I earned As and Bs too. And I get to say I was a mediocre student from a tier one school.

Anyway.

Why is Michele Bachmann still in the race? She's an accomplished liar, with no real achievement as a politician, she's likely medically unfit, she's a hard core anti gay bigot, and lies about that, and she's a soft core racist. And the reason she looks crazy in pictures is yes. She's crazy. I have know that for years. But this is what the GOP is nowadays. It's a refuge for extremist nut jobs.

Indiana disaster. I used to do that shit for a living (IATSE Local 919, Charter Member.) And when I saw the vid of that thing falling down, my first-make that second thought was, what the fuck with that roof? Who's fucking brilliant idea was it to put a roof on an outdoor stage in tornado country? A roof resembles and as the vid shows, behaves like a wing in a fast wind. Fucker's going to want to fly! Some one's head should roll over that. Oh. And for not postponing the show until the weather alert was past.

P. Obama on the road. I mean I get sorta why he's out there. But I think he ought to be meeting with folk trying to come up with ways to create more jobs, than talking to folk about it.

Granted, I want to see some sort of encouragement with force of state to get those bastid corps to stop sitting on their money and instead use it to expand and hire.

That's what I would like to see.

I'll stop there for now.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites