Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Et Tu, George F. Will?

So I'm still obsessing over wing nut stupidity over the teabagger terrorist rhetoric. Sad to say, as even if I disagree with him, completely, most of the time, but even George F. Will is playing this witless, moronic rhetorical game.

Specifically, he confronted a Dem pundit for employing the economic terrorist metaphor, on Sunday's "This Week." Go here for the story. (As an aside, and evidence of why I hate the "editors" at Mediaite, they at least are blatant about their own sick, twisted, wing nutty bias. Those which are, and not all are minions of evil-wing nuts.)

Cutting to the chase. Knowing the difference between a declarative statement and a metaphor is 6th grade level language skills (ya I checked.) So anyone acting like they don't know that was a metaphor either is actually not as educated in the language arts as a 6th grader, or are pretending to be that fucking stupid, merely to make some actually more offensively stupid rhetorical argument than the one they are attacking. Now if the person in question is a seeming idiot, like Mrs. Palin, one might entertain the possibility she might in fact be that stupid. I honestly don't think she is that stupid, even if I love saying it. However, when someone of George F. Will's skills in and with the language goes down the moron hole, then something is really fucked up with the right wing.

Here is how I say it. You have to be so fucking stupid to believe that when someone says it's raining cats and dogs, you believe cats and dog are actually falling out of the sky, not to understand that terrorism, hostage taker, pirate, or what ever rhetorical slam that has been directed at the teabaggers lately, is a metaphor. And some GOPers are that fucking stupid I am sure. Not George F. Will. That incident has to rate as one of his most shameful and knowingly intellectually dishonest of his entire career. I'll end there. Someone told me it's now the dog days of summer. I need to go out to see if packs of dogs are running wild in the street, yet.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites