Saturday, March 07, 2009

Even if His Thesis and Major Conclusion Are Correct, He is Dead Wrong About Lowbrow Conservatism.



Of course I agree with John Derbyshire when he says that the "radio bloviators " have been part of the problem, not the solution. And I need to say now (and hopefully he will not recant and re state) the author is Republican/Conservative.

But he says something that I have to cry foul, and error, about. He says,"There is nothing wrong with lowbrow conservatism." I say there is nothing right about it. If it were not for this fundamental disagreement I would jokingly accuse this author of borrowing heavily from this blog, as I love to revile the wretched right wing talking heads. And I particularly despise them for being the leaders of the oafish, dull-witted, non-thinking, thug and bully wing of the GOP.

As a self admitted Yella Dog Dem, it is not that I really want the GOP to become a model of sensibility and sensible ideas. But as a citizen I would like the nation to be more civilized, and for political and social discourse to be more like an intellectual exchange of ideas, rather than be like one of Archie Bunker's emotionally driven tirades against people who dare to be different than him.

Now I bet some people will think I am being harsh, but for me? I am just repeating some of my stock lines here. I fault the radio bloviatiors and other right wing pundits for fanning the flames of the lowbrow, right wing ignorati. Likewise, I blame the lowbrow, right wing ignorati for not only being content to be that dull-witted, but even worse, to be proud of it, and to revel it it.

If the bloviators are more part of the problem than the solution, that market segment, that wing of the GOP that they play to, and take their own cues from, has to be as much part of the problem as the bloviators. So, Mr. Derbyshire that is what is wrong with the lowbrow conservatives. Ya can't have it both ways. If the bloviators who make their livings catering to the tastes of the lowbrow rank and filers are hurting things, the the lowbrow rank and filers have to be at fault too.

It doesn't make any sense to only blame the person running the Bear Baiting Pit. You have to blame the dicks who show up, plop down their coin, and cheer on the sick sport. Without them, the bottom would fall out of the Bear Bait Market.


See?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites