Wednesday, November 05, 2008

We Win!

Now I did not kill myself working on the campaign, but I put enough hours in to feel like I was part of the team.

Now the hard part comes; trying to clean up the mess. I saw some headline somewhere today, basically based on the core of one of the jokes I have been telling for years about the big power political jobs in America. The headline went something like,"Black Man Gets Worst Job In Nation." Sort of an overstatement, that is, but it is one of the hardest jobs, to take charge at the White House at a time when there is so much work to be done.

Remember how things were when Plastic Turkey Man Took over? Those days were like the line in that song,"Summertime, when the living is easy . . . ." These days are more like That Billy Joel Song, "We Didn't Start the Fire," with a segue to Ringo Starr's "It Don't Come Easy." I am not going to add "The Impossible Dream," as I believe there, "Ain't No Stopping Us Now," at least in making substantial gains against the daunting task ahead of us. But the mess of the past eight years is not going to be cleaned up, "In a New York Minute."

Oh. And I adopted this one, as my theme song, like 2 years ago?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites