Thursday, October 30, 2008

Na Na Na Na. Hey Hey, Hey. Good Bye (We Sincerely Hope.)

I pulled down the flank attack post I had here last night, against that Horrid Palin Woman (I came in from the angle of the republican history of wealth redistribution from the poor to the rich, but it really was flat, so I trash canned it.)

Instead I will treat you all to something much better written (by someone else.) I can't post it all, so I will post a tease and the link:


The truth is that politicians like Sarah Palin are merely manipulating, exploiting and inciting these people. In other words, it's the ignorance, stupid. And next Tuesday, we have a chance to seriously marginalize this darker, uglier side of America.

It'd be crazy, though, to suggest that Tuesday will be the last day. To be sure, if Senator Obama wins, we'll be hearing from these knee-jerk wackaloons quite a bit. Hell, Sarah Palin might try to run for president in four years. Nevertheless, we have a chance to tell the Sarah Palin's of the world that there's no room in American politics for fire-eaters who stoke archaic prejudices and fears rather than ameliorating them. We have a chance to tell them that not only doesn't it work anymore, but that it actually exacerbates electoral failure.

The Mandatory Rejection of Sarah Palin
by Bob Cesca


Ok. Yes, it is as much a partisan POV as it can be claimed to be objective, as who in their right mind is actually going to stand up and clearly say YES. I am an American, and I think Politics should be as UGLY and NASTY and PERSONAL as can be, and throw in some bigotry and hate mongering while you are at it?

Well I would say too many republicans, including That Horrid Palin Woman. I did not quote the end of the essay but I agree with the writer when he basically says we need to not only vote in Sen. Obama, but we need to vote against the ugly politics and tactics that that Horrid Palin Woman was all too willing to employ . . . no matter the cost to the nation.

My last word, before I go. I don't know if I said this on the blog before (and this is as kind I can get with HER); the last thing we need here in the early years of the 21st Century is some 19th Century throwback. There really should be no room for debate that 19th Century thinking is backwards thinking.

Sometimes it is all about just recognizing the obvious, and making the rational decision based on the obvious state of the thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites