Saturday, September 13, 2008

Now I typed this long screed this morning, but instead of that, some brevity.

My favorite magizine is Vanity Fair. My family's favorite magazine is Vanity Fair. Not that we are living the Hampton's life, but we have "cosmopolitian" tastes and interests. Supermarket tabloid celebrity rags are just too much of a not very good thing, but with Vanity Fair you get the pretty pictures of the artsy fartsy set, instead of, as I said, tabloid crap.

And the magazine does some very good issue and political and international reporting. The articles are really good. And one of my favorite features is the PROUST QUESTIONNAIRE.

They ask some interesting, usually somewhat known person basically the same list of questions, and that is all there is to it. This month's questionee is Michael Bloomberg. And his response to one of the questions just not only hit the mark so perfectly, it sorta derailed my morning's topic and pre post. Here goes:

Question: What is it that you most dislike?

Answer: "When decades of scientific discovery take a backseat to political ideology -- something I refer to as political science."

Game/Set/Match to Bloomberg!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites