Tuesday, September 02, 2008

How Weird Is This?

Ok. I watched Fred Thompson's speech tonight and instead of being sold of McCain (despite the heroic mythology) I am thinking that if Fred could have shown a quarter of the passion he did tonight when he himself was running for the nomination, this could be his convention.

So how many GOPers are now having genuine buyer's remorse?

Oh. My guess about Fred. He is an actor and a rather unmotivated one. And by that I mean, he needs a script and direction,. Don't let him do his own thing, but wind him up, tell him what to do, and push him out on stage, and he can perform.

Now I still think the Republican Party is a seriously dysfunctional and two-faced, bullshit institution, but hey. I give props where due.

Fred delivered tonight, objectively.


Shit. Now we got Lieberman. All the excitment that Fred generated will be smothered, I bet.

Not that I am complaining. It will likely be bad TV.

I think I will change the channel now.

What is on the Cartoon Network, I guess?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites