Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I want to say Gov. Palin is every bit as much a crazy nuttter like Pastor Hagee. But that is not true!

I have done some more reading, and even if she is some kinda Pentecostal religious right winger, she does not have a reputation for being a religious bigot, like the foul-minded Pastor Hagee.

However?

I saw that vid of her saying (lemme quote):


"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."



Now that sort of sentiment is not universally dismissed. I fully understand some decent and intelligent people would think and pray for the same thing. But I am not one of those people.

I'd pray to end that and all wars, pray for lasting peace, myself, if I were to bother to pray at all, but that is not really my point.

Here is my point.

The fact she is more concerned with slaughter being in keeping with God's Plan? That troubles me. Then again, I sorta am definitely an unbeliever in the idea that God wants us to kill in His name.

I admit I could be wrong, but when I think of war, I think of something that is likely always less part of God's plan (if God really has a plan. He doesn't have to. He is God! He can choose chaos if it pleases Him) and more part of that whole "Free Will" of humans thing, individually and collectively. (Not that I know the mind of God, but I think that letting human free will run amock in a world where chaos is an agent, albeit not in full and continious force, would make for a more interesting show. Just me. Just saying. Oh and I distrust almost equally them who believe God has a plan as I distrust those who claim to know God's mind or will.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites