Monday, September 01, 2008

Believe it or not. I will avoid the cheap shot, in the title at least, re. Gov. Sarah Palin's 17 y.o. unwed, pregnant daughter.

And hey. I even used her title. What a good boy am I.
Anyway . . .


I will just skip to the reason I am bothering to mention, and to set my remark up, I will say,

Ya can learn so much from right-wing extremist, partisan message board trolls.

In particular, one of the throng on this particular board I mostly only rubberneck? Not just her, but in the past day, she has gone from (metaphorically speaking) the giddiness of a besotted teen in the midst of first love, back to being a nasty bitch, since news of the unwed (newly and oddly politically-centered) celebrity pregnancy story of the week hit the net and airwaves.

This poster in question went from gushing joy to acerbic asshole in about the time it takes for a cheap rubber to break, not that I think the Assembly of God church attending , fornicating, unwed child had used that or any other birth control.

Well, to that peep (if she ever reads this) and all like minded republicans, I am not going to be generous at all. I am not in the least bit sorry it took all of three news cycles to end the love fest.

Again (echoing my last post here) you right wing extremists do not deserve to be put in charge of anyone else's lives. Go fwk up your own all ya all like, but stop trying to tell the rest of us how you all know how to live the proper way. You don't, collectively, and in many many many cases not individually, have a leg to stand on, when it comes to any of those social values issues.

I admit I am holding back here, as I do not want to make too much of an "Opps I'm Preggers," thing. However, I feel no guilt in making the larger point, that these right wing extremists, as a general matter, possess no credentials upon which to base a claim of being in a position to talk down to other people and dare tell them how they should live.

That is another reason I can not stand the Republican Party as an institution. As long as they embrace those who believe, and I plainly say mistakenly, they possess the credentials upon which to base a claim of being in a position to talk down to other people and dare tell them how they should live, the GOP will remain a party that is an exemplar of the most rank of hypocrisy.

Now, one might think that smart people would leave the moralizing to the preachers, but . . . . .
(I am not going to finish the thought. Do so at your own pleasure. I will not judge you. Honestly.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites