Monday, July 17, 2006

We are FAWKED, Part Deux.

{How do I get on these tangents? Hell, just living in the world, dealing with the stupid beautiful ugliness of it all, I recon???}


Anyway I guess this is a follow up on the first of yesterday's posts.

For what ever reason, mebbie -- most likely the lingering effects of dealing with the stop the haters petition over at media matters??? Go here and voice your dismay with the haters:

http://mediamatters.org/hatefree

(Oh -- they should add that shit Savage to this list. What filth we honor in the country nowadays -- alas, discordia, but I nearly digress there.)


Anyway, let me get up to date and time here.

I did one of my semi-random googles here, and my query was: "self centered children."

This is a chunk from the article on the second return:


4. A sixth grade teacher recently said: "I've started substitute teaching after being away for eight years. Kids have changed - I can't believe how cruel they are to each other. If it's not physical, it's verbal. It's constant, and it's intense." The Carnegie Commission report, "When Dreams and Heros Died," says today older adolescents have a "titanic mentality." They think the ship of state is headed for disaster, but they want to go first class. Their goal is not to better the world but to make a lot of money, have status, and live well.

Television sitcoms teach children that put-downs are funny and cool. And a steady diet of TV commercials (the average child sees 20,000 per year) fosters a self-centered appetite for ever more things and makes it harder for parents to encourage children to think of the needs of others. The bottom line is that the society around us, perhaps more than ever before, teaches our children selfishness and cruelty.

When the changes of adolescence, the changes of mid-life, and the changes in our world and our society come together and converge within our families, we feel the pressure. Sometimes it feels like an explosion!

Can sensitivity neutralize the pressure? Can extra-centeredness become a practical, day-to-day atmosphere and pattern of life that prevents some problems and solves others? We think it can - see if you do.




Oh and here is the link (haven't read the whole page yet myself. But I recon I will.)

http://www.valuesparenting.com/teenagers/whyitsotough.php

Main reason I am posting this up here is I am continuing with my "self-centered assholes are going to destroy us all, if we do not make a stand against them, and DEFEAT them," thing . . . if you haven't sussed that part out, yet.

But hey, like I say up there in the header of this blog,

"Failure is Highly Probable."


That don't mean I am giving up the fight, now. I still got some fight left in me, yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites