Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mexican Standoff

Yes the Evil Mean Nasty World and myself are still at that point of mutual combat known as the "Mexican Standoff."

The Evil Mean Nasty World still does not show any compassion for me, so I am withholding any for it. Not that I am actively wishing for any ill to happen to the world, but I am indifferent to it's prospects and fortunes, as it were, and until further notice is given.

I don't care if it is not even there when I wake up in the morning (never minding the logical impossibility of me being 'in being' without the Cruel World being there too; I am taking literary license here, I admit!)

But if it should be there, mocking me and my futile attempt to wrest one tiny morsel of joy out of it (for a RARE change) come morning, I will try to take some small pleasure in some small thing and call myself ahead of the game.

After all; I may be grouchy, and dissapointed, and feeling put upon, but that does not mean I expect things to miraculously start going my way all the time. I am bitter, and sour, and have been joyless for years it seems, but I am not delusional.

I just want a break, damnit.

Show to me there actually is some good stuff to be had (still).

Give a guy a break!


Ok that is it for my crank tonight.

Beddy bye time for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites