Sunday, May 14, 2006

You're Not The Boss Of Me!!!

Ok, I started off making that statement personal, but my point is not that I am complaining against or fighting against someone taking liberties against me. Actually, there is usually (barring someone pulling a gun or such on me, or someone I really care about) only one way for anyone to have any power over me at all:


(a) I must love them, and
(b) I must, either deliberately or tacitly, give them power over me and my psyche, my well being, my emotions, my will.


I am just talking generally about the bad things the wrong people will try to do to other folk.

You know what I mean, I hope?


Ya ya. That does not mean some asshole can't get on my nerves, and make me waste precious time thinking about them, but that is not really control; that is a reaction to negative experience. And there are a handful of people I have met in this life (real life and the stinking internet) who I would love to "plank." But I don't spend all that much time thinking about the scum I have met in life.


Rightly or wrongly, I am a hard grader on other people. I let very few people in. I am not at all a trusting sort. I am not really paranoid, but I expect people to be true to their own nature, and unfortunately too many folk are self-centered and selfish, combative, rude, lacking any sense of actual self awareness, and not very trustworthy. Now I can't say that is because I don't want to let many people "have a piece of me" and be able to exert any control of me.

However, I can't say that is not part of the equation either.


Now before I go off on another tangent, I will wrap this one up. Yes, there is not much any individual can do to change folk who are self-centered and selfish, combative, rude, lacking any sense of actual self awareness, and not very trustworthy . . . .

but for . . .

keeping them at a distance.

Generally works for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites