Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Preamble Begins . . . "We the People of the United States." Silly Person!

On Thursday night I posted a mini rant against Silly Person, and Queen Bee of an Infamous Internet Hate Group (have you ever seen her commenter's out put? Sickening!) Ann Althouse. I was ranting about her reaction to a line in P. Obama's speech. The crucial line:

"But there has always been another thread running throughout our history – a belief that we are all connected; and that there are some things we can only do together, as a nation."

She opined thusly:

"What bothered me so much? It was the belief that we are all connected. The idea of the collective. We are one, and the one is the government."


I went back the next morning and deleted my first rant, as I made the thing all about me, and that was wrong. So let me restate the core argument.

Now folks. This is an American Lawyer. Who is a law professor. A Constitutional Law professor. Who doesn't get it. Doesn't get America or the ideas that led to the drafting, and ratification of the US Const. Who does not appreciate the axiomatic fact that the US Const. is the product of We the People. Not a bunch of individuals oddly enough who randomly ended up in the same place to at the same time create the US Federal Government only exercising their rugged, individual free will. And like it or not, not only is there no daylight between We the People and the US Federal Government, but there's nothing remotely close to a line of division between the two.

But there is daylight, there is a bright line between mere ideological advocacy, and acting in a deliberately ignorant fashion, in public. But that's not we the people talking. That's my pov, though.

I haven't cussed yet, have I? Ok. Here goes. The fucking line is "We the People." Not we persons. It's really that fucking simple a thing!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites