Sunday, August 28, 2011

Silly Person Ann Althouse Does it Again!


It's been two weeks at least. Since I posted about silly things found on her page. And this is just a silly thing, really. But I am tired of actually posting about the hurricane that wasn't (for me at least, lucky me.) I have been at it on my FB page since Fri. Evening. Anyway. Ms. Althouse threw up a bunch of posts about it. But I bring your attention to this one. Here.

Silly lady. The bull is not on Wall Street. Wall Street is several blocks North of the bull. I would say the bull is on Broadway, but to be fair, it's at one of those triangles. There's like a one block street there on the other side of the triangle. But that location is known as Bowling Green. The subway station there for the 4 and the 5 trains is called the Bowling Green Station. And the bull is basically out in front of one of the oldest landmark buildings in Downtown; the Cunard Building. And let's not forget the former Custom House that now is home to the American Indian museum, and the Bankruptcy Court.

Now ok. I confess. I have been working in that part of town for the past couple weeks and depending on which train I decide to take in or out, I will likely walk past the bronze beast, at least once during a work day. But still. Even if not working there presently, I would have said, wrong street, lady.

Speaking of the bull, it still intrigues me how many people pose for pix "fondling" that bronze bull's big shiny balls. What does that say about people, hmmm?

One last thing tying "Bowling Green" and the hurricane and my current gig. I still don't know if mass transit will be up and running in time for the morning commute. We shall have to wait and see.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites