Monday, August 22, 2011

Tea Party, Fuck You, Part Deux. On Again, Off Again, Financial Lawyer Edition,

For the second time in the past year of my life, I am doing scut work on a law case concerning the MBS market. Or call it the RMBS Market. Or call it the CDS market. Flippers and floaters, and swaptions. Oh my!

Point is, going back some 20 years, I, even if I have never even taken a proper class in Macro Econ., am working on big time financial cases, matters. I still have to look up basis points, as I don't live and breathe that stuff. But I know my LIBOR, cost of money, and bond and securitization theory (shit, the one young lawyer who is one of my supervisors on the case said in reply to the preface to my question I asked her saying, I think this is beyond my knowledge of the bond market, with an, oh I don't think I can help you if you don't know it. . . Hey I have been doing this shit on and off for over 20 years.)

Anyway, the most funky financial thing I learned as a youngin, meaning high schooler, was the cost of money. That's the core of modern finance. I am not saying fuck Adam Smith. He's the history and foundation. But Adam Smith explains the historic relationship between labor and those who control the means of production. He was Karl Marx before there was a Karl Marx (unintentionally, mind you.) But if anyone want to pretend to know finance and macro econ they better be able to vamp long and deep on the cost of money, otherwise they are too fucking ignorant to be part of the adult debate.

And that's the problem with tea baggers. Modern finance is about cost of money and spreads. Adam Smith style capitalism is not dead, but it's a quaint anarchrosim. Mostly. Mom and pop operators still follow that . . . framework. Sorta. But it is not a rule. But shit, be real you lying assed evil tea bagger fucktards. The classic mom and pop outlet is at least operating with a line of credit if they can get their hands on it, or otherwise have some loans supporting the biz. Who the fuck running a business runs their business without debt?

Money is made on the margins, bitches. Anyone who says otherwise is ignorant, a liar. Or maybe both.

Fuck these balanced federal budget people. Fuck them dry.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites