Friday, February 25, 2011

Sen. Sanders Will Explain It All To You.

I "met" Bernie Sanders more than 30 years ago. I was a freshman at UVM, and Sanders was running for Mayor of Burlington, VT, that first time. I was hanging out with some friends at the old "Hunt's Mill and Mining Company," back then, a great little venue for live music and dancing. Point is, Sanders was working all the bars and clubs, and the streets downtown, asking everyone he saw to vote for him. So everyone met "Bernie."

Over the years it has been fun to see his progress. Now I don't know my own senators at all, even if one, Menendez, used to be my congress critter. So Sanders is the only current US senators I can say I have ever met. And even if he is not technically a member of the Democratic party, he caucuses with us. And not only does that make me proud to say it, but I will say the following. Since Sanders is often, if not usually, the lone voice of ugly reality about the other team, he certainly puts most of the Democratic Senate Caucus to shame.

I know there's the argument that we have to get along with those evil lying-assed weasels on the other side. But Sanders is the anchor to the ugly reality that for all intents and purposes there are two kinds of GOP politician: those who want to kill the government outright, and those who merely mostly want to destroy most every gain of the progressives over the past 150 years, and roll the clock back to the pre Civil War era (but with a gung ho pro corporations bias.)





US Senator "Bernie" Sanders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites