Monday, February 28, 2011

And It's Not a Particularly Political Book.

I've been reading the latest novel by one of my favorite cop story writers: James Lee Burke. The title is "Rain Gods." Reason I am mentioning it, is there have been, so far, at least three great quotes/exchanges that reminds me of the leadership and the pundits of the current GOP/right wing. (Hell, I have to go so far as to say the same thing goes for too much of the rank and file. I warrant.) More's the point, they remind me about how awful, and ignorant they are.

Here goes:

"I've got a gift. I can always tell a coward. I can always tell a liar too. I think you are both."
--Preacher, to Rooney.


"You come to conclusions without looking at the evidence. Then you find reasons to justify your shoddy conclusions. It's like inventing a square wheel and trying to convince yourself you like your wagon to ride a little rough."
--Preacher to Bobby Lee.


"I never met a cruel man or a bully who wasn't a coward."
--Hackleberry to Preacher.


And on a slightly related vein, that Fox Reporter who claims to have been hit by a WI protester? I call bullshit. Seems to be the meme of the week from the desk of that likely felon, Roger Ailes. Stay tuned for more of that sort of shit from the phonies at FNC, my guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites