Thursday, November 13, 2008

Swear! Last Week The Thought Occurred to Me That That Horrid Palin Woman was a Succubus.

But according to this psychologist/life coach, she is more of a garden variety seductress and predator. (That sounds very succubus-y to me. Just saying.)


"What is the deal with this woman? Why is she winking at me? Is she flirting with me?" I had to take a deep breath because I noticed this queasy feeling growing in the pit of my stomach.

Then it flashed before me. I recognized her. I had met her before, in many forms, and here she was again. All of the sudden, it dawned on me that the reason I was having this reaction is because Sarah Palin is the living expression of The Seductress, one of the 20 masks, the faces of the wounded ego, that I outline in my latest book. Of course I felt disturbed -- she was working me right through my HDTV!


In Why Good People Do Bad Things, I suggest that those who don the mask of The Seductress are after one thing and one thing only: to make themselves feel better about who they are by getting whatever they might be after. Birthed out of the fear that they are not good enough, loved enough, or smart enough, they search until they find suitable targets to trap in their energetic webs -- in the case of Sarah Palin, first the citizens of the great state of Alaska and now the entire country.

I consider The Seductress a predator because her main goal is to feed on the self-esteem of others in order to soothe her own emotional wounds.


Debbie Ford: Palin As Seductress and Predator.


I suggest reading the whole essay. Now for fans of That Horrid Woman, I will not be surprised to hear the gnashing of teeth, and the wails and cries of unfair picking on her.

To that I say the following. Oh Grow up! I have personally seen Bill Clinton live, and that man clearly was trying to, and succeeded at seducing just about the whole damn audience. There is nothing new about that personality trait in politics. But comes the follow up question. Is there anything more there, other than the personality and the (usually) bruised if not broken soul, so clearly overcompensating for the person's feelings of inadequacy?

Or is what you see (but for the damage) all you get?

With that Horrid Palin Woman, I think all you get is the Succubus and her damage. There really is no there there. She is basically an overall average looking, average ability, possessed of an average intelligence, mostly unremarkable woman, save the fact that people who share her bigoted, biased partisan views tend to fall for her weak act.

I'm immune to it. But you know how some people really can not stand either the Bag Pipes or nails on a blackboard? Well all that folksy shit she does? Well that folksy shit is as annoying to me as the pipes or the nails on a chalk board are to other people. It makes me cringe at least a little. And I want it to stop, as soon as I see/hear that shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites