Saturday, November 22, 2008

Says the Sane Cardinal, to the Temporarily Insane One . .

somewhere in the book,"Angels and Demons," the previous book featuring the character Robert Langdon, of "DaVinci Code," fame:


"Is it God's will we abandon reason and give ourselves over to frenzy?"


If you want to take my posting of this as some sort of dig at snake handlers, or those who babble on in tongues, and allegedly have holy hallucinations, or receive prophesy, or the Holy Spirit, allegedly, in the form of laughter, or engage in alleged holy warfare, or who claim, otherwise to be the special and chosen instruments of God's Divine Plans, and all that?

Well I will not stop you.


Furthermore, and I will not spoil the plot of the book; the movie is coming out soon, and I am nearly done with the book, so I am going to be careful here, and just talk about one idea.

Ya know what bothers me about all that "Mission from God," crap? I might have said here before. I am sure I have said it in life, but the idea is in my mind now, so here goes.

Why would an Omnipotent and Omniscient Being, a factually PERFECT BEING, leave any important task up to some weak and puny earthling?

THINK about that.

Then think about the next question.

If the Omnipotent and Omniscient Being, a factually PERFECT BEING, Already Knows the weak and puny earthling is going to succeed in advance, why even bother with the charade?

Last question; if the Omnipotent and Omniscient Being, a factually PERFECT BEING, does Not Know if the weak and puny human is up to the task, why risk the well being of any other weak and puny earthlings to the unsteady hands of one of their own weak and puny selves, when the Omnipotent and Omniscient Being, a factually PERFECT BEING, can skip the middle man and just set things to right, to start?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites